Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Japan World Tour!

I know I haven't blogged on anything of consequence in a while, but all that is about to change. In about an hour Grant and I will begin our Japan World Tour. We will travel toTokyo, then Kyoto and finally Hiroshima before returning to Yokosuka on Jan 14.

I'll have my still camera and the brand new video camera Grant bought me for Christmas, so this will be most exstensively documented trip we've ever taken.

It will also be the lightest. Grant and I have managed to fit everything we need for 10 days of travel into two L.L. Bean backpacks. Since we will be traveling by train and on foot a lot of the time we didn't want to have to carry much.

I don't know what my internet access will be like, but I'll keep you as updated as possible.

I leave you today with a quote from Jacqueline Cochran, "I have found adventure in flying, in world travel, in business, and even close at hand... Adventure is a state of mind - and spirit."